The University of North Georgia and the Georgia Home Education Association are teaming up for a first-of-its-kind event, and you’re invited! If you are a homeschooling parent or middle or high school student considering dual enrollment and college, you’ll want to join us for this free event as we demystify the process and answer your questions.
Spend an evening with us on Thursday, Feb. 17th at the UNG Gainesville Campus and learn about Dual Enrollment opportunities at UNG for homeschooled students, as well as hot topics for homeschooling high school. Representatives from UNG and GHEA will cover information specific to homeschoolers planning to attend college for dual enrollment and beyond.
The evening will conclude with a hands-on mini workshop with UNG and GHEA representatives available to answer questions and to assist families with transcripts and college application documentation that is specific to homeschoolers.
Topics to be covered include:
- Georgia’s Dual Enrollment Program (state funding)
- UNG Dual Enrollment Opportunities
- Dual Enrollment Eligibility and Application Process
- College Prep Homeschooling Pointers
- High School Graduation Requirements
- Transcripts (& Accreditation)
- Homeschool Summary Form (used by UNG and many USG colleges)
- Course Descriptions (aka, “portfolio”)
- HOPE/Zell Miller Scholarship Eligibility & Application Process
- Dexter Mosley Act
Mini-Workshop - Personalized, hands-on assistance offered for the following:
- Homeschool Summary Form
- Course Descriptions (for Homeschool Summary Form)
- UNG Dual Enrollment Application for Admission
- GAFutures Dual Enrollment Funding Application
UNG Gainesville Campus
Performing Arts Center, Rm. 108
3820 Mundy Mill Road
Oakwood, GA 30566
Thursday, February 17, 2022
- Please register each individual who plans to attend. Parents and students are encouraged to attend together.
- Social distancing will be available. Masks are encouraged, but not required on the UNG campus.
About the University of North Georgia
UNG offers dual enrollment classes at its 5 physical campuses (Gainesville, Cumming, Dahlonega, Blue Ridge, and Oconee), as well as fully at a distance through UNG Online.
Directions: To get to the University of North Georgia’s Performing Arts Center (3820 Mundy Mill Road, Oakwood): Take Exit 16 west off I-985. Go 1/4 mile; turn right into the first UNG entrance. The Performing Arts Building is on the right. Free lighted parking around the building.